I have an affiliate relationship with Bookshop.org and Malaprop's Bookstore in beautiful Asheville, NC. I will earn a small commission at no additional cost to you if you purchase merchandise through links on my site. Read more on my affiliate page.
Christina T. is hosting the Page to Screen Challenge. The goal is to read books that have been made into movies or tv shows. There is the option to watch the movie, but it isn’t a requirement. This meshes nicely with my irregular feature, Pages on the Screen. There are several movies coming out over the next year that are based on books I want to read, so I’m in for this one as well! I’m going for the Beginner level at 5 books. Go to Reading Extensively to sign up. There are prizes! I’ll track my progress here.
- North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell
- Seabiscuit: An American Legend by Laura Hillenbrand
- Neil Gaiman and Charles Vess’ Stardust
- A Storm of Swords by George R. R. Martin
- The Color Purple by Alice Walker
- 84, Charing Cross Road by Helene Hanff
- Their Eyes Were Watching God by Zora Neale Hurston
- East of Eden by John Steinbeck
- The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick
- The Haunting of Hill House by Shirley Jackson, read by David Warner
- ‘Salem’s Lot by Stephen King