I have an affiliate relationship with Bookshop.org and Malaprop's Bookstore in beautiful Asheville, NC. I will earn a small commission at no additional cost to you if you purchase merchandise through links on my site. Read more on my affiliate page.
Jo at The Book Jotter hosts Six in Six 2020, a yearly meme that helps us reflect back on our mid-year reading. The idea is to choose six categories from the list provided and list six books you’ve read that fit in those categories. Since I just started blogging again about a month ago, I don’t have many reviews I can link to; most of these links will go to Malaprop’s, the local bookstore I’m affiliated with.
Six Books I’ve Read in Lockdown:
- The House in the Cerulean Sea by TJ Klune
- The Book of Awesome: Snow Days, Bakery Air, Finding Money in Your Pocket, and Other Simple, Brilliant Things by Neil Pasricha
- The Southern Book Club’s Guide to Slaying Vampires by Grady Hendrix
- The Truth According to Us by Annie Barrows, read by Ann Marie Lee et al.
- The Princess and the Fangirl by Ashley Poston
- One Flew over the Cuckoo’s Nest by Ken Kesey
Six Book Covers I Love
Six Series I’ve Continued
- Then There Were Five and Spiderweb for Two by Elizabeth Enright, read by Pamela Dillman
- The Mark of the Golden Dragon: Being an Account of the Further Adventures of Jacky Faber, Jewel of the East, Vexation of the West, and Pearl of the South China Sea by L.A. Meyer, read by Katherine Kellgren
- The Winter of the Witch by Katherine Arden
- The Long-Lost Home by Maryrose Wood, read by Fiona Hardingham
- The Lost Colony by Eoin Colfer
- The Grave’s a Fine and Private Place by Alan Bradley, read by Jayne Entwistle
Six Authors Who Are New to Me
- Ella Minnow Pea: A Novel in Letters by Mark Dunn
- The Ninth House by Leigh Bardugo
- I Should Have Honor: A Memoir of Hope and Pride in Pakistan by Khalida Brohi
- How to Find Love in a Bookshop by Veronica Henry, read by Fiona Hardingham
- Every Heart a Doorway by Seanan McGuire
- The Last Mrs. Parrish by Liv Constantine, read by Suzanne Elise Freeman and Meghan Wolfe
Six Trips to Europe
- The Screaming Staircase by Jonathan Stroud, read by Miranda Raison
- The Fountains of Silence by Ruta Sepetys
- Anna and the Swallow Man by Gavriel Savit, read by Allan Corduner
- The Paris Seamstress by Natasha Lester
- A Spot of Bother by Mark Haddon, read by Simon Vance
- The Silent Patient by Alex Michaelides
Six Book Reviews I’ve Posted on This Blog
This seems appropriate since I only started blogging a few weeks ago. I have exactly six reviews to share!
- The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes by Suzanne Collins
- The Autobiography of Mrs. Tom Thumb by Melanie Benjamin, read by Kim Mai Guest
- The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan
- How to Do Nothing: Resisting the Attention Economy by Jenny Odell
- Full Throttle by Joe Hill
- Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
And that’s my Six in Six for 2020. Have you read any of these? What did you think? Create your own lists and join in at The Book Jotter!