I have an affiliate relationship with Bookshop.org and Malaprop's Bookstore in beautiful Asheville, NC. I will earn a small commission at no additional cost to you if you purchase merchandise through links on my site. Read more on my affiliate page.
Edit: Complete as of July 11, 2014. I enjoyed most of my choices!
Time to sign up for the European Reading Challenge hosted by Rose City Reader yet again! I always enjoy this challenge.
The idea is to read books by European authors or books set in European countries (no matter where the author comes from). The books can be anything – novels, short stories, memoirs, travel guides, cookbooks, biography, poetry, or any other genre. You can participate at different levels, but each book must be by a different author and set in a different country – it’s supposed to be a tour.
For levels, a list of European countries, and rules (there’s a prize for the ambitious readers out there!), visit the sign up page at Rose City Reader.
I’m signing up at the Honeymooner level–4 books. I’ll track my progress here. Thanks to Gilion for hosting again!
- City of Thieves by David Benioff, read by Ron Perlman–Soviet Union
- Life After Life by Kate Atkinson–United Kingdom
- The Painted Girls by Cathy Marie Buchanan, read by Cassandra Campbell, Julia Whelan, and Danny Campbell–France
- The City of Falling Angels by John Berendt–Italy
- The Postcard Killers by James Patterson and Liza Marklund, read by Katherine Kellgren, Erik Singer, and Reg Rogers–Sweden
I have an affiliate relationship with Malaprop’s, my local independent bookstore located in beautiful downtown Asheville, NC; and Better World Books. I will receive a small commission at no cost to you if you purchase books through links on my site. My opinions are completely my own.