I have an affiliate relationship with Bookshop.org and Malaprop's Bookstore in beautiful Asheville, NC. I will earn a small commission at no additional cost to you if you purchase merchandise through links on my site. Read more on my affiliate page.
The Challenge: Read any non-fiction book(s), adult or young adult. That’s it. You can choose anything. Memoirs? Yes. History? Yes. Travel? Yes. You get the idea? Absolutely anything that is classified as non-fiction counts for this challenge.
I always like levels in my challenges, so here are mine:
Dilettante–Read 1-5 non-fiction books
This challenge will last from January 1 to December 31, 2013. You can sign up anytime throughout the year.
I am not limiting the challenge to bloggers. You can also link to a review you wrote on another site, such as GoodReads or LibraryThing.
Crossovers with other challenges are acceptable, and feel free to read your books in any format you like.
I’m signing up at the Seeker level. I’ll track my progress here.
- Don’t Know Much About Mythology: Everything You Need to Know About the Greatest Stories in Human History but Never Learned by Kenneth C. Davis
- The Wild Trees: A Story of Passion and Daring by Richard Preston
- A Long Way Gone: Memoirs of a Boy Soldier by Ishmael Beah
- Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can’t Stop Talking by Susan Cain
- Apologies to My Censor by Mitch Moxley
- Mountainfit by Meera Lee Sethi
- Margaret Mitchell’s Gone with the Wind: A Bestseller’s Odyssey from Atlanta to Hollywood by Ellen F. Brown and John Wiley, Jr.
- The End of Your Life Book Club by Will Schwalbe
- The Trivia Lover’s Guide to the World: Geography for the Lost and Found by Gary Fuller
- The Heroine’s Bookshelf: Life Lessons, from Jane Austen to Laura Ingalls Wilder by Erin Blakemore
- The Commitment: Love, Sex, Marriage, and My Family by Dan Savage
- The Bite of the Mango by Mariatu Kamara and Susan McClelland
- NPR Favorite Driveway Moments: Radio Stories That Won’t Let You Go
Use Mr. Linky to sign up and to link your reviews.
I hope you’ll join me!
I have an affiliate relationship with Malaprop’s, my local independent bookstore located in beautiful downtown Asheville, NC; and Better World Books. I will receive a small commission at no cost to you if you purchase books through links on my site.