I have an affiliate relationship with Bookshop.org and Malaprop's Bookstore in beautiful Asheville, NC. I will earn a small commission at no additional cost to you if you purchase merchandise through links on my site. Read more on my affiliate page.
<a href="https://www.introvertedreader.com/books-translation-2021/" target="_blank"><img src="https://i.imgur.com/E1Ho87g.jpg" title="source: imgur.com" alt="2021 Books in Translation Reading Challenge Button/></a>
During my first book blogging stint, I hosted a few reading challenges, as much for my own benefit as for anyone else’s. One of the challenges I’ve decided to resurrect is the Books in Translation Reading Challenge 2021. It’s pretty self-explanatory, right? Nevertheless, here are the rules.
Table of Contents
- You can read a book that’s been translated from any language into the language of your choosing. The challenge is not limited to translations to or from English.
- You can read any genre
- You can read books meant for any age group
- Crossovers with other challenges are fine
- Any format that you choose is also acceptable
- The challenge will run from January 1 through December 31, 2021
- A blog is not required for participation; you can also link to reviews on other sites such as GoodReads or LibraryThing
- Sign up anytime throughout the year
- I’ve tried to keep this simple but if you have any questions, reach out in the comments, via social media (links in my sidebar), or my contact form.
- Most importantly, have fun!
Looking for suggestions? I have a shelf on GoodReads you can check out. There’s also a Listopia list on GoodReads. Linked reviews for the 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, and 2012 challenges are a great resource too.
Beginner: Read 1-3 books in translation
Conversationalist: 4-6 books
Bilingual: 7-9 books
Linguist: 10+ books
Spread the Word
If you like the idea of this challenge, please help me spread the word via social media using #2021booksintranslation. Please also add a link to this post and/or the challenge image to your sign-up and review posts (You can copy the image code at the top of this post). You can also tag me @IntrovertReader on Twitter, @Introverted.Reader on Instagram, or @IntrovertedReader on Facebook if you’d like and I’ll try to share your posts. Thank you!
Sign Up Posts
I’m signing up at the “Conversationalist” level myself.
Please link directly to the post announcing your intention to participate (Not your home page), or your social media profile (Please keep in mind these links are publicly viewable).
Please link directly to your review and not your blog home page. My suggested format is your name and/or the title of your blog and then the title of the book in parentheses.
Example: Jen @ Introverted Reader (War and Peace)
Wrap Up Posts
If you’ve completed the challenge, congratulations! If you choose to write a wrap-up post, you may link it here.
I have an affiliate relationship with Malaprop’s Bookstore/Cafe in beautiful Asheville, NC. I will earn a small commission at no additional cost to you if you purchase merchandise through links on my site.