I have an affiliate relationship with Bookshop.org and Malaprop's Bookstore in beautiful Asheville, NC. I will earn a small commission at no additional cost to you if you purchase merchandise through links on my site. Read more on my affiliate page.
Welcome to my weekly update for November 28, 2021!
I hope that everyone who celebrates had a wonderful Thanksgiving! My husband was on call at the hospital and of course he got called in for the evening before we had dinner. So we had our delayed Thanksgiving meal on Friday evening. A couple of our oldest friends were on their way from North Carolina to Florida so we had lunch with them on Friday. It’s always nice to have visitors!
While we were home in Asheville, NC last weekend, we went out for date night. We had drinks at a rooftop bar and watched the sun set over the mountains then went to one of our favorite restaurants for dinner.
- Sunset views over Asheville from Capella on 9
- My mom got the 2021 Belle Hallmark Christmas ornament for me
- The fog in the trees behind our campground in Charleston was eerie
- View from the Isle of Palms Connector Bridge
Nothing. I’ve been more of a reader than a blogger lately.
I have an affiliate relationship with Malaprop’s Bookstore/Cafe in beautiful Asheville, NC. I will earn a small commission at no additional cost to you if you purchase merchandise through links on my site.
I’ve been reading a lot of high school nonfiction for the Cybils awards lately and decided I needed to take a break this week. I gravitated toward middle grade fantasy instead.
Everything You Wanted to Know about Indians but Were Afraid to Ask (Young Readers Edition) (Cybils Nomination) by Anton Treuer–4 Stars
Black Birds in the Sky: The Story and Legacy of the 1921 Tulsa Race Massacre (Cybils Nomination) by Brandy Colbert–4 Stars
Thornwood (Sisters Ever After #1) by Leah Cypess–4 Stars
Drizzle by Kathleen Van Cleve–4 Stars
Tristan Strong Destroys the World (Tristan Strong #2) by Kwame Mbalia, read by Amir Abdullah–4 Stars
Handling Depression (Handling Health Challenges) (Cybils Nomination) by Marie-Therese Miller
Nothing to See Here by Kevin Wilson, read by Marin Ireland
Reading Challenge Update:
I’m including this in an effort to hold myself accountable. I’ll try to remember to update at the end of each month. Challenge title links go to my personal progress page and host links go to the relevant sign-up page.
- Books in Translation Reading Challenge (hosted here at Introverted Reader) Progress: 8/4
- Southern Literature Reading Challenge (hosted here at Introverted Reader) Progress: 8/7
- New (To You) Narrator Reading Challenge (hosted here at Introverted Reader) Progress: 25/6
- Uncorked Reading Challenge (hosted at The Uncorked Librarian) Progress: 10/12
- Nonfiction Reader Challenge (hosted at Book’d Out) Progress: 12/12
- Diversity Reading Challenge (hosted at Celebrity Readers) General Progress: 15/25; Monthly Progress: 41/12
- Audiobook Reading Challenge (hosted at Caffeinated Reviewer and That’s What I’m Talking About) Progress: 43/20
- Book Voyage: Read Around the World Challenge (hosted at The Book Girls’ Guide) Progress: 11/12
- Classics Club (hosted at The Classics Club) Progress: 8/50 by April 15, 2026
Well, I completely missed last week’s Nonfiction November prompt, but I plan to pick up on Monday for the final week at The OC BookGirl.
What did your week look like?