I have an affiliate relationship with Bookshop.org and Malaprop's Bookstore in beautiful Asheville, NC. I will earn a small commission at no additional cost to you if you purchase merchandise through links on my site. Read more on my affiliate page.
For our final prompt in Nonfiction November, Katie at Doing Dewey asks which book are new to my TBR.
It’s been a month full of amazing nonfiction books! Which ones have made it onto your TBR? Be sure to link back to the original blogger who posted about that book!
Well, first of all, thanks to everyone who gave suggestions when I asked for exciting books about geographical explorers last week! I seriously added all of your recommendations to my TBR and there are way too many to list here. If you want to see those titles for yourself, you can check out the comments on my “Ask the Expert” post from last week.
I’ve added plenty of books as I’ve visited other blogs this month though. Here’s a sampling:
- Pleased to Meet Me: Genes, Germs, and the Curious Forces That Make Us Who We Are by Bill Sullivan, recommended by What’s Nonfiction
- Forensics: What Bugs, Burns, Prints, DNA, and More Tell Us about Crime by Val McDermid, recommended by Lex Lingua
- Cider Revival: Dispatches from the Orchard by Jason Wilson, recommended by Still Life, with Cracker Crumbs
- An Anthropologist on Mars by Oliver Sacks, recommended by The Emerald City Book Reviews (and a few others, I believe)
- Labyrinth of Ice: The Triumphant and Tragic Greely Polar Expedition by Buddy Levy, recommended by Julz Reads
- The Man in the Rockefeller Suit: The Astonishing Rise and Spectacular Fall of a Serial Impostor by Mark Seal, recommended by Reading on a Rainy Daiy
I’m apparently in a very scientific, exploration-ish state of mind this month!
And just to wrap things up, I’ll check in on my goal. I wanted to catch up on my backlog of nonfiction reviews. Goal achieved! As I write this on Thursday, my last review is scheduled to post tomorrow. Yay!
Thanks so much to our hosts, Katie at Doing Dewey, Julie at Julz Reads, Leann at Shelf Aware, and Rennie at What’s Nonfiction for this fabulous event! Thanks to everyone who stopped by with comments and recommendations as well!