I have an affiliate relationship with Bookshop.org and Malaprop's Bookstore in beautiful Asheville, NC. I will earn a small commission at no additional cost to you if you purchase merchandise through links on my site. Read more on my affiliate page.
Welcome to my weekly update for March 7, 2021!
I disappeared for a few weeks while my husband was off of work but I should be back to my regular schedule now. I need to start building a bigger cushion of pre-scheduled posts! Scheduling one week ahead usually feels like an accomplishment to me. Lesson learned.
We visited White Sands National Park and Carlsbad Caverns National Park while he was off. White Sands was beautiful in a way that’s very different from what I’m used to, being from the lush southern Appalachian mountains. We do have caverns in the Appalachians and I’ve visited a few of them but they pale in comparison to Carlsbad Caverns. We spent hours drifting around, taking it all in. Unfortunately, we also had to wait over an hour and a half in line for the elevator, which was the only way out. No bueno.
Nothing but I plan to get my groove back this week.
The Boy Who Harnessed the Wind: Creating Currents of Electricity and Hope by William Kamkwamba and Bryan Mealer
Demonglass by Rachel Hawkins
Only Time Will Tell by Jeffrey Archer, read by Roger Allam and Emilia Fox
The Midnight Library by Matt Haig
A Very Large Expanse of Sea by Tahereh Mafi
Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas
Reading Challenge Update:
I’m including this in an effort to hold myself accountable. I’ll try to remember to update at the end of each month. Challenge title links go to my personal progress page and host links go to the relevant sign-up page.
- Books in Translation Reading Challenge (hosted here at Introverted Reader) Progress: 0/4
- Southern Literature Reading Challenge (hosted here at Introverted Reader) Progress: 3/7
- New (To You) Narrator Reading Challenge (hosted here at Introverted Reader) Progress: 3/6
- Uncorked Reading Challenge (hosted at The Uncorked Librarian) Progress: 2/12
- Nonfiction Reader Challenge (hosted at Book’d Out) Progress: 3/12
- Diversity Reading Challenge (hosted at Celebrity Readers) General Progress: 8/25; Monthly Progress: 3/12
- Audiobook Reading Challenge (hosted at Caffeinated Reviewer and That’s What I’m Talking About) Progress: 5/20
- Book Voyage: Read Around the World Challenge (hosted at The Book Girls’ Guide) Progress: 2/12
I’m not sure. I need a new audiobook this week and I also need a book set in eastern Europe for the Book Voyage challenge. I’d like to avoid WWII books since I’ve already read so many of those. Any suggestions?
What did your week look like?
I have an affiliate relationship with Malaprop’s Bookstore/Cafe in beautiful Asheville, NC. I will earn a small commission at no additional cost to you if you purchase merchandise through links on my site.